Monday 30 January 2012

Learn, Grown and.... Unlearn?



Few days back, while reading through a blog sent by a friend I came across an excerpt from a book “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten” by “Robert L. Fulghum”.

The small excerpt had few things jotted down about things that are taught to kindergarten kids. The first thing that stuck to me when I read that was, where all this is gone now. I wonder if these are there only to be taught in Kindergarten and forgotten in youth and with age.

These small nuggets are sowed into the young minds irrespective of caste, language, grasping level and geographies so that they grow with them and one day are capable of re-sowing the seeds.  These are the foundation blocks taught which not only apply to the kids but to everyone in their everyday walk of life.

I wonder why people think of passing the buck on to someone and not think of owning the mess they create, where the thought of share and smile is lost, not realize that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

If the process is to learn when you are young, forget in youth and preach in old age, then I guess time would come when the kids would question their elders about all the preaching. I suppose it has already started.

I hope you all live back your kindergarten days again with the list and bring it back in our so called fast paced lives. Here is the  list for you all :)

Share everything.


Play fair.

Don't hit people.

Put things back where you found them.

Clean up your own mess.

Don't take things that aren't yours.

Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.

Flush.

Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.

When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.

No comments:

Post a Comment